10th International Workshop on Top Quark Physics17 - 22 September | Braga, Portugal
Welcome to the Top 2017!
The 10th International Workshop on Top Quark Physics, TOP 2017, will be held in the city of Braga, in Portugal, from September 17th to 22nd. Following the long tradition of the workshop, the communities of experimental and theoretical physicists working on top quark physics are brought together once again.
The 2017 edition of the Workshop will be dedicated to the overview of the most up-to-date experimental measurements and latest theoretical developments on top quark Physics, as well as searches for Physics Beyond the Standard Model. An important aim of the Workshop is to provide the opportunity for in-depth discussions on the current results as well as on planning the forthcoming measurements, from the Run 2 of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to future machines.
With its beauty and history, Braga will be a great venue to celebrate the remarkable milestone of reaching the 10th edition of the Workshop. We look forward to seeing you this September!
International Advisory Committee
- Jiri Kvita | co-chair | Palacký University Olomouc
- Roman Lysak | co-chair | Acad. of Sciences of the Czech Rep.
- Alexander Mitov | Cambridge
- Antonio Onofre | LIP · University of Minho
- Fabio Maltoni | UC Louvain
- Fabrizio Caola | CERN
- Frederic Deliot | CEA - IRFU Saclay
- Gilad Perez | Weizmann
- Jorgen D’Hondt | VU Brussel
- Michael Spannowsky | Durham University
- Michelangelo Mangano | CERN
- Rebeca Gonzalez Suarez | UNL
- Roberto Tenchini | INFN Pisa
Local Organizing Committee
- António Onofre | chair | LIP · U.Minho
- Henrique Carvalho | LIP
- Juan Araque | LIP
- Miguel Fiolhais | LIP · BMCC, CUNY
- Orlando Oliveira | U.Coimbra
- Pedro Ferreira | ISEL
- Rui Santos | ISEL
Venue and Social Program
The Workshop will take place at the Bom Jesus Hotel complex, in the city of Braga.
For venue, travel, and accommodation and social program information please visit the dedicated Venue page.
- The registration for the TOP2017 is open until the 31st August 2017.
The registration fee:
- 200 Euros (until June 30th 2017)
- 250 Euros (from July 1st to 31st August 2017)
- Accompanying persons fee is the same as participants.
The registration fee includes:
- Meals and Coffee breaks (from 17-22 September 2017)
- Excursions to Guimarães and Porto
Hotels uphill at Bom Jesus were pre-booked by the workshop and once the registration procedure is submitted and sent by email to the workshop secretariat, information concerning the participants name and acompaning person(s), email address(es), date of arrival and departure, together with additional information the participants may find relevant (for which a specific field in the registration page is available), is also sent automatically to the Hotels, to the email address
where all reservations are managed centrally. Upon registration, contacts between Hotels and participants are handled directly, in order to achieve an efficient exchange of information.
- The fee is to be paid in EURO via bank transfer, after registration.
- Mention name and institute, and note that the transfer should be free of charges to LIP.
- After making the payment please send an email to email@example.com with the proof of payment.
Young Scientist Forum
To provide young physicists the opportunity to contribute to the scientific programme, a Young Scientist Forum with short presentations will be organized, followed by a Poster Session, the best presentations and posters will be awarded a prize.
Call for Abstracts
We ask experimentalists and theorists to submit abstracts for posters or talks in the Young Scientist Forum, experimentalists to their respective experiments and theorists directly using the resgistration webpage. Please note that not all talks may be selected due to the length of the session. If you have any question please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Friday, July 21, 2017
The full agenda is available at the Indico web pageCheck Agenda
- Top2006 | 1st International Workshop on Top Quark Physics | Coimbra | Portugal
- Top2008 | 2nd International Workshop on Top Quark Physics | Elba | Italy
- Top2010 | 3th International Workshop on Top Quark Physics | Bruges | Belgium
- Top2011 | 4th International Workshop on Top Quark Physics | Sant Feliu de Guixols | Spain
- Top2012 | 5th International Workshop on Top Quark Physics | Winchester | UK
- Top2013 | 6th International Workshop on Top Quark Physics | Durbach | Germany
- Top2014 | 7th International Workshop on Top Quark Physics | Cannes | France
- Top2015 | 8th International Workshop on Top Quark Physics | Ischia | Italy
- Top2016 | 9th International Workshop on Top Quark Physics | Olomouc | Czech Republic